In order to maintain an AusCycling Coach or Instructor Accreditation, it is necessary to keep your accreditation requirements updated including:
Maintaining current AusCycling Membership: There are a number of membership options that are suitable, the Lifestyle membership is the minimum requirement for club coaching/instructing. The Non-Rider is often preferred by participants looking to do the course for work purposes or for those who do not do any on the bike skills with participants
Maintain a current First Aid Accreditation: Provide First Aid (HLTAID003/HLTAID011) as a minimum.
Maintain a current Working With Children Check (or Equivalent): All coaches and instructors must have a Working With Children Check (or equivalent) relevant to your state or territory. Those from Western Australia maybe eligible for an exemption further info is available at the link.
To start re-accreditations you must complete the AusCycling Coach & Instructor Accreditation Form below and attach the following:
* Current Sport Integrity Australia - Anti-Doping Fundamentals Course, click here.
* Provide evidence your coaching / instructing and professional development activities log over the last 4 years. For a template click here.
* A letter of support from Club President (or another independent Club Committee member), alternatively a letter from your employer if engaged for work, confirming your continued activity as a coach or instructor.
* Copies of your current Working with Children and First Aid Certificates will be requested.
Note: Any specialisations will run for the duration of coach or instructor accreditation.
Discipline Specific Accreditation: Coaches and Instructors need to operate under the discipline in which they are accredited. More information on discipline-specific remit information can be found here.
Once we receive your re-accreditation application, please allow a minimum of 10 business days for AusCycling to review.
Once an application is deemed as sufficient applicants will be invoiced via email for $99 inc GST for processing and for the accreditation to be renewed for another 4 years.
AusCycling has launched AusCycling Coaches and Instructors Membership Upgrade with a nationalised approach towards providing increased insurance product options to our network of affiliated members, businesses, and stakeholders across the Road, Track, MTB, and BMX communities.
The objective is to roll the Coach and Instructor Membership Upgrade with a transition window that allows affiliated members, businesses, and stakeholders to ensure they are educated on the compliance, and meet all of the necessary requirements regarding standards for the program.
Once we arrive at 1st of April 2023 the expectation will be that all necessary fundamental aspects of the program are mandatory, and these will be embedded in the application process as minimum expected standards and requirements across all disciplines.
To be eligible for the AC Coach and Instructor coverage the following items need to be current on the AusCycling system:
• Active AusCycling membership – Lifestyle or above recommended
• Current accreditation for the discipline you wish to instruct/coach
• Current Working with Children relevant to your state or territory
• Current First Aid Certificate – Provide First Aid – HLTAID003 or HLTAID011 as a minimum.
For more information visit the Coach and Membership Upgrade portal here.
Coach and Instructors' accreditation lasts for a four-year period and will show on your AusCycling digital membership card.