Central Australian Rough Riders MTB Club is located in the red centre of Australia, Alice Springs, home to 100s of kms of majestic, hand built single-track.
Central Australian Rough Riders mission is to promote, develop and advocate mountain biking as a healthy sporting and recreational past time in Alice Springs.
The club also provides a safe and fair environment for competitive mountain biking, appropriate and relevant to the various levels across the sport to Alice Springs and greater community.
As well as providing services, trail advocacy and communications of value to our members to enable them to enjoy mountain biking in the Alice 2020 saw the Club:
- Begin a Trail Maintenance group in conjunction with NT Parks and Wildlife
- Maintain a busy events calendar with a huge range of social opportunities
- Build our capacity to deliver instruction to our members by organising MTBA Instructor Course locally
- Build our committee numbers to have greater impact
- Attract multiple grants to work towards our mission for filming and promotion and equipment for trail work and timing
- Build our membership resource via Strava including many events that were set up as Strava segments for our members and the community to compete in
- Build our Facebook followers to over 1000 and add Instagram into our social media
- Develop the club’s newsletter to be an exceptional and local read
- Take on Easter in the Alice Event Again - https://easterinthealice.com/
- Updated our constitution
- Build our relationship and links to Goodsports
- Offer our members Rider Development for attending events interstate ($500 per event up to 3 times a year)
- Amongst other things be super passionate about all things bike related.